stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: makefiles issues
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 01:04:44 GMT
Liviu Nicoara wrote:
[...]
> When invoked from TOPDIR, e.g.:
>
> $ pwd
>
> /build/nicoara/dev/stdlib
>
> $ make BUILDDIR=/build/nicoara/11s-stdlib-gnu BUILDTYPE=11s
> CONFIG=gcc.config lib

I see. I'm not sure whether this ever worked or that it was intended
to. The current behavior, when no target is specified, is to create
BUILDDIR and try to build everything. I suppose specifying a target
would let us build just the specified target (and its dependencies),
which would be useful. Would you mind opening an issue in Jira for
this? See STDCXX-18 or STDCXX-80 for examples of similar issues and
what to put in them:
     http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-18
     http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-80

In addition to copying the text of the email to the issue it's good
to cross-reference the discussion on the list. Here's a link to your
post in the archives:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-stdcxx-dev/200512.mbox/%3c43976334.3000600@roguewave.com%3e

Thanks
Martin