stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: stdcxx question
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 20:47:18 GMT
John Benito wrote:
> Martin,
>
> The configuration for the EDG on Solaris seems to have some issues in
> respect to the compiler command line option or maybe I am just trying to
> build something that does not make good sense (typical tester - try each
> and every option).  If you try to do a BUILDMODE=shared,threads it
> passes a -shared flag to eccp, which is not a flag that EDG front-end
> recognizes.

Yes, AFAIK, there is no way to build a shared library with EDG eccp.
The EDG eccp demo also expects gcc 3.x or better as the back end but
doesn't like the binutils that g++ 3.x normally requires on Solaris.
So in my builds I set up gcc 3/4 without GNU binutils (i.e., rely on
the native system linker). That makes eccp work but doesn't let you
use the underlying g++ to link C++ code. It's kind of a pain, but
what wouldn't I do for strict conformance? ;-)

> BTW, I am working on a Solaris box that is running 5.10.  Am currently
> seeing quite a few issues with building with EDG, is 5.10 supported?

I have 3.6 on Solaris 9 but I haven't tried it on 10 yet. Let me
give it a try and get back to you. You might be able to get a more
reliable answer straight from EDG (assuming they've tested it there).

> Have not taken the time to look at the diagnostics yet.  Currently
> trying the command
>
> make BUILDDIR=/home/benito/stdcxx15d BUILDMODE=debug,threads
> CONFIG=eccp.config

I would suggest

   make BUILDDIR=/home/benito/stdcxx-11s \
        BUILDTYPE=11s \