stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Question about _mbstate.h
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 20:32:46 GMT
Kostas Pagratis wrote:
> I've been looking at include/rw/_mbstate.h and I have just a quick
> question.  I've been trying to group all of the #if's etc, and it seems
> seems like the sunOS 5.6(line 116) and the Generic OS(line 158) blocks
> are both enclosed in the __hpux (line 44) block.  I'm only asking
> because I'm trying to build stdlib on IRIX 6.5 (ozone) and the compiler
> is telling me that mbstate_t is undefined.  There was a port done on
> IRIX using ed6 but I think include/rw/_mbstate.h is a new file unique to
> ed8.  Thanks a lot for your help.

It should compile :) stdcxx does, at least until it gets to time_put.cpp
where MIPSpro dies with an ICE. See
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-22

You might want to try to do a build with stdcxx and compare the command
line and config.h with the one you're using. I suspect you'll find a few
differences one of which will likely be the cause of your problem.

Martin

PS Here's info on how to download stdcxx:
http://incubator.apache.org/stdcxx/download.html