stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Lance Diduck" <lancedid...@nyc.rr.com>
Subject RE: type_traits and other things
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 18:21:14 GMT
On shared_ptr and type_traits -- I've requested to copyright release and IP
review from work, that could take a couple of weeks. I have most of Sections
2 and 4. Most of this stuff will be crammed with various copyrights, from
boost, a couple of books (notably Vandevoorde and Josuttiss), and other
attributions to different contributors collected over the course of time.

The easiest way to separate them IMHO would be to have them in a working
directory separate from the existing std stuff. This area would not follow
the review then commit rules. The rule would only apply when the library was
voted for release, and then merged to 'tr1' or whatever it would be called
upon vote. Then the rule applies.
The Clearcase SCCS makes this easy, and I'll have to find out how to do this
with SVN.
We finished up a shared_ptr regression tester at work as well, tests
shared_ptr but does no rely on the fact that the template is called
shared_ptr. Allows testing of a number of implementations without changing
the tester. Make "what-if" analysis far far easier.

<< Keep in mind that for the final version we will need a better name
for the macro >> Oh of course. I would want to take advantage of all the
stdcxx stuff, to make the maintenance more sane. But this particular macro
fixes a bug in 5.2, which is there in 5.3, so hopefully it will be
deprecated

Lance