stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: stdcxx
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:00:30 GMT
Alessio Marchetti wrote:
[...]
> I wanted to understand whether the documentation source was translated
> into HTML as a separate publishing process.
> It would be elegant to represent the doc source in DocBook and then
> create XSLT's to create HTML and other output formats (automatic
> management of links)... ok, a low priority improvement, but maybe we
> should think about that before doing any additional work on the docs.

Sure, improvements to the documentation are welcome! I agree that
a format that's easier to maintain than raw HTML would be an
improvement.

FYI: The docs were generated from the original FrameMaker master
sources.  There might be other formats that FrameMaker can generate
but I believe HTML was considered the easiest one of them for the
community to work with. If you have a suggestion for a different
format that we could generate from the master sources that would
easier to work with, let me know so we can regenerate them now
before any changes have been made.

Martin