stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Tom <tg4.2...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Trying to understand the level of activity in Stanbol community
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2018 13:30:51 GMT
Hi,

It's been a couple of years since I used Stanbol, but recently I've been thinking of it again.
I've recently been reading a lot about Solid (https://github.com/solid) and have written some
preliminary code to use it.    The focus of Solid is on data independence and privacy.
So using potentially unknown Stanbol servers to enhance data for solid servers doesn't seem
ideal to me, and it seems like it would be better to do text enhancement in the browser.
This seems increasingly possible with laptops, tablets and phones using powerful graphics
processors meant for games (see for example https://tenso.rs).  So I'm wondering about the
possibilities of porting or reimplementing some of Stanbol's capabilities in the browser for
use with Solid and not requiring a server.  If you have any ideas about or interest in this
please let me know!

Tom Gallivan