stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Rafa Haro <rh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Trying to understand the level of activity in Stanbol community
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2018 07:44:59 GMT
Hi Roman,

I'm Rafa Haro, current PMC member of Apache Stanbol. I think we have
discussed this situation a couple of times in the past few months. There
were a similar inquiry recently and back then, at least 3 "active"
(including me) PMC members responded with similar answers: we would be
somehow available for bug fixing, attend the mailing lists and so on but,
because of lack of time, further contributions like working on the backlog,
community development....had to be eventually abandoned. I think this
situation is extensible to most of current committers. Within the same
threads, there were Stanbol's users that were interesting in taking the
project out of this "blockage" but the reality is that this situation has
remained the same for months and the activity at the mailing lists is
minimum. So maybe yeah, probably it is a shame and maybe it is time to
archive the project.

I'm not sure which are the implications of putting the project into the
Attic from the organisation point of view, but in my honest opinion it is
that or, somehow, I don't know exactly how, try to find or extend the
community with new members interested in further improvements and uses
cases around Stanbol that could lead to resurrect the project.

Warm regards from Seville