stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Trying to understand the level of activity in Stanbol community
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2018 01:15:24 GMT
On Sun, Oct 7, 2018 at 9:47 AM Roman Shaposhnik <rvs@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> a few months ago Shane Curcuru started this discussion
> around the level of PMC activity in the project:
>  https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/7f85aecc5180b85d888cf63a8136521739e5e1ee74ae167abd3ab9ff@%3Cdev.stanbol.apache.org%3E
>
> at the time it seemed like the consensus was: there's
> enough folks interested in at least overseeing mechanics
> of the PMC. However if a few months since it would seem
> that we're back to where Shane's discussion started.
>
> Now, this is, of course, based on my cursory review of mailing
> list and JIRA activity, but it seems that out of the current 22 PMC
> members only one or two are active (and I don't mean writing
> code active, but at least supporting "mechanics" of the PMC):
>    http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?pmc=stanbol
>
> I'm wondering, perhaps, if it would benefit the project to consider
> expanding the PMC to include the other 4 committers and/or
> some of the project's active users.
>
> Thoughts?

Hi Again!

it seems that there hasn't been much of a feedback on this thread so
I'm expanding it to users@ as well.

The concern here is that unless the community comes up with at least 3
reasonably active PMC
members to make sure that the project can continue it may be end up
"archived" into Apache Attic.

Now, these PMC members do NOT have to be existing PMC members, if
there's enough enthusiastic
folks in the user community we can definitely look into "rebooting"
the PMC that way.

If anybody is interested in making sure that Stanbol continues as an
active Apache project -- please

Thanks,
Roman.