stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Rupert Westenthaler <rupert.westentha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [REPORT] Apache Stanbol - May 2017
Date Tue, 09 May 2017 12:38:43 GMT
On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 9:36 AM, Fabian Christ <fchrist@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Stanbolers,
>
> I submitted the following report to the board:
>
> ------------
>
> Status report for the Apache Stanbol Project - May, 2017
>
> Apache Stanbol provides a set of reusable components for semantic content
> management.
>
> We started a discussion about who is using Stanbol and encouraged the
> people who actively use (and depend) on Stanbol to contribute and
> become part of the developer community.
>
> Unfortunately, the technological barrier is rather high and people
> are a little bit overwhelmed with the large code base and the
> number of OSGi bundles. So people need time to get familiar
> with that.
>
> This may be one reason why not much happened since then. No new
> contributions from people outside the PMC were made. The PMC
> itself has only one active (code) contributer over the last
> months.
>
> The PMC is aware of the situation but at the moment the lack
> of time and availability of persons make it very difficult
> to change something fundamentally.

Thx Fabian for writing this Report.

While I do not like to read this, it is a very good summary of the situation.

The reason I provided no input for this report was that I actually had
nothing to report. OK I am answering some questions and had also a
discussion with Rafa, but I their where no contributions to the code
base.

best
Rupert