stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Fabian Christ <fchr...@apache.org>
Subject [REPORT] Apache Stanbol - February 2016
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2016 10:48:11 GMT
Hi Stanbolers,

since I missed the last two slots in December and January to report to
the board we have to submit a report this month.

I have submitted the report below to the board.

Best
Fabian

Status report for the Apache Stanbol Project - February, 2016

Apache Stanbol provides a set of reusable components for semantic content
management.

First, appologies for the missed reports. We had to report in December
but missed that plus the January report.

There are no issues which require board attention at the moment. However,
the project is in a phase where new/other people should take over the
lead as chairman since the current chairman Fabian Christ has less and
less time to manage the project. Therefore, the project will start to
find a new person for this job.

Additionally, a first suggestion was started to invite new people to
become PMC members and potentially new leaders for the project.

At code level the project is doing fine. The project started to
reorganize a lot of old JIRA issues and tries to focus on the relevant
tasks.

The project did not manage to cut new releases. This is also an issue of
finding new people to become more responsible for the project and start
creating releases.

Bertrand Delacretaz has resigned from the Stanbol PMC on December, 1st 2015

Subscribers on the dev list: 233

Last new committer was
  Cristian Petroaca on May 7th, 2015

No new PMC member was elected since the graduation of Apache Stanbol on
Sep 19th, 2012.

Last stack release was:
  Apache Stanbol 0.12 on Mar 2nd, 2014

Last component release was:
  Apache Stanbol Partial Security Release RC2 on June 5th, 2014
  org.apache.stanbol.commons.security.reactor-20140602