stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Rafa Haro <rh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Camel integration (was : Re: Community bonding period started)
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 14:27:46 GMT
Hi guys,

El 01/07/14 10:20, Antonio David Perez Morales escribi├│:
> Hi all
>
> Continuing with the project, I have managed successfully the integration of
> activemq camel component (and also jms) into the Stanbol Camel integration.
> This has been a hard task due to the dependencies needed by the component
> and also due to the fact that we had to provide an activemq component
> configurable through Felix web console.
>
> With this addition, we are in the position to integrate business logic into
> Stanbol routes through a message service provided by activemq (jms).
Nice Antonio, let's see is someone has an interesting use case to
implement in this context.

> As a first test, I have deployed a route which consumes messages (content)
> from an activemq queue, enhance them using the default chain and then write
> the result into a file. It's a simple test but it works quite well. In this
> case, Stanbol is working in a standalone mode, that is to say, we don't
> have to explicitly call Stanbol to enhance content but Stanbol is triggered
> based on some external events (a new queue message)
>
> As indicated in the previous mail, I still have some pending things to be
> done (because I couldn't do them last week) but in order to go forward with
> the project I ask you for some interesting use cases where to apply the new
> workflow component in order to give added value to it and also in order to
> develop and provide more workflow (camel) components useful for those and
> other use cases.
Awaiting for the community feedback and also for Florent's opinion
regarding the rest of the project, as I have expressed in recent emails,
I'm eager to see the Content Hub back in Stanbol. And this is because
of, from the point of view of the use of Stanbol in the enterprise,
Semantic Search is one of the most common use cases. So, to have an
enterprise search backend as the last component of a processing route in
any architecture where stanbol could be plugged sounds key for me. In
recent discussions at the Stanbol IRC channel, we have been analysing
Siren (https://github.com/rdelbru/SIREn), a Lucene/Solr extension which
major advantage is the possibility to index tree structures, allowing
then to index structured data without losing full text search
capabilities. To refactor old ContentHub component to use Siren is out
of scope of this project but, in my opinion, an interesting use case
could be to develop a Siren Camel Component and a transformer from
ContentItem to Siren Object or whatever and integrate both in Stanbol.

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Rafa

> [...]
>> - Installed JBoss developer studio which comes with Camel support in order
>> to create routes in a visual way with the possibility to be exported as
>> Spring XML DSL format
>>
>> Some pending things I will try to do during this week:
>> - Improve the web package to create the needed endpoints to query the
>> registered routes, registered camel components, etc
>> - Improve the web package to remove classes copied from Stanbol jersey
>> module used for testing
>> - Update README.md files in the repository with all the new information
>> - Document the installation and configuration of JBoss developer studio
>> for Camel routes creation
>> - Create all the JIRA issued related to the work already done
>>

>> For the second part of the project, I would like to read some comments
>> about interesting use cases in order to develop the needed Stanbol and
>> Camel components to support them.
>>
>> If you have any comment, please drop some lines in order to discuss the
>> new things to be done.
>>
>> Regards
>>

>> On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 3:39 PM, Antonio David Perez Morales <
>> aperez@zaizi.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys
>>>
>>> Continuing with the project, and as part of the refactoring/new
>>> architecture I have started to modify some workflow components in order to
>>> create a better API and architecture based on OSGI components. As a first
>>> step and in order to have the same behavior than the current one (regarding
>>> enhancement process), a chain component has been created to simulate the
>>> chain behaviour. This new component uses internally the ChainManager and
>>> EnhancementJobManager component to perform the business logic. This way, a
>>> new protocol 'chain' can be used in the routes deployed in Stanbol. The
>>> chains are configured in the same way, using Stanbol admin console.
>>>
>>> Now, we can combine single engine executions with chains executions in
>>> routes deployed in Stanbol using the alternatives described in previous
>>> mails and in the issue [1]. Both engines and chains are configured through
>>> Stanbol admin console. You can see the refactoring advances in [2] (a
>>> branch used for refactoring the current PoC of Workflow in Stanbol 1.0). Of
>>> course, the Camel EIP and other Camel components can be used in the
>>> deployed routes as well.
>>>
>>> With the new Camel routes support, we can have a Stanbol running and
>>> enhancing content without receiving any HTTP request to start the
>>> enhancement process, because the routes can be triggered by external events
>>> ocurred in a queue, database, etc. Moreover the semantic lifting process
>>> can be splitted and merged with some application steps, so the issue [3]
>>> requesting asynchronous call support for enhancement could be solved.
>>>
>>> Anyway, if some of you have any suggestions for new components to be
>>> deployed for the second part of the project, or another kind of suggestion,
>>> please drop here some lines to continue with the discussion.

Camel

This

XML
Felix