stanbol-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Andrea Di Menna <ninn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stanbol with ElasticSearch
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 09:03:57 GMT
Solr 4.4.0 supports schema-less mode as well :)
Maybe the community should focus on supporting that version of Solr first?
:)

Cheers
Andrea


2013/9/5 Joseph M'Bimbi-Bene <jbimbi@object-ive.com>

> Sorry for not answering. Ahah actually i don't much more elaborate reason
> than "ElasticSearch is cool".
> I don't know them in depth enough but since it seems to be increasingly
> used and in the company i work, pretty much every thing is migrating to
> ElasticSearch, i figured it would be nice to have an ElasticSearch yard to
> put every data in the same place.
>
> Besides the schemaless thing and a supposed (as far as i'm concerned)
> better scalability i have to admit don't know much about the differences
> and you are making me doubt about the relevance of such a feature.
>
>
> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 7:41 PM, Sergio Fernández <
> sergio.fernandez@salzburgresearch.at> wrote:
>
> > So...? Beyond trying to cut the discussion on the proposal, my intent was
> > to hear arguments in its favour ;-)
> >
> >
> > On 02/09/13 15:58, Sergio Fernández wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> the proposal sounds cool, indeed. But I'd like to have more arguments
> >> than a mere trend because a new product appeared.
> >>
> >> I know some of those arguments in favour Elastic Search vs. Apache Solr.
> >> But, from my understanding, Stanbol just uses Solr because is internally
> >> convenient for what the EntityHub and other components need. And,
> >> although the REST API is publicly exposed, that's not its main purpose,
> >> and could be removed without affecting any core feature.
> >>
> >> Therefore, I'd be happy to listen some arguments that such contribution
> >> would actually improve something in Stanbol. Could be performance,
> >> flexibility, etc, but something more than "Elastic Search is cool!", you
> >> know.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >>
> >> On 02/09/13 15:14, Rupert Westenthaler wrote:
> >>
> >>> Hi Joseph
> >>>
> >>> I do not have plans to add an elastic search Yard to the Entiyhub, but
> >>> I would definitely be (very) supportive to someone that wants to
> >>> implement such a component.
> >>>
> >>> best
> >>> Rupert
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 9:08 PM, Fabian Christ
> >>> <christ.fabian@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> Hi,
> >>>>
> >>>> who do you mean when you say "you" ;-) As any Apache project the
> Stanbol
> >>>> community cares more about people than code. So if you are willing to
> >>>> contribute, then you are more than welcome. If you want support for
> some
> >>>> great new feature, the best is to get engaged and work on it and
> provide
> >>>> the support.
> >>>>
> >>>> I have no technical knowledge about elastic search but it sound like
> an
> >>>> interesting extension for the Entityhub or which component did you
> >>>> have in
> >>>> mind?
> >>>>
> >>>> Best,
> >>>> - Fabian
> >>>> Am 30.08.2013 15:05 schrieb "Joseph M'Bimbi-Bene"
> >>>> <jbimbi@object-ive.com>:
> >>>>
> >>>>  Hello every body, hope i'm not spamming, but with my co-workers we
> are
> >>>>> working with ElasticSearch for quite a time now and i can definitely
> >>>>> see an
> >>>>> implementation of the Entityhub based on it.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> What do  you think about that. Is there any plan for that ?
> >>>>> In the very hypothetical case our company wants to invest resource
> >>>>> on such
> >>>>> a feature, would you support it ?
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Best regards, Joseph
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> > --
> > Sergio Fernández
> > Salzburg Research
> > +43 662 2288 318
> > Jakob-Haringer Strasse 5/II
> > A-5020 Salzburg (Austria)
> > http://www.salzburgresearch.at
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message