stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Rupert Westenthaler <rupert.westentha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Working with large RDF data
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 07:15:40 GMT
Hi

It should be possible to reason over the enhancement results and store
all triples (including the deduced one) in Jena TDB. After that you
can use SPARQL on the Jena TDB as suggested by Reto. However note that
any change in the Ontology will not be reflected in the Jena TDB - as
there is not truth maintenance.

If the data does fit into memory you just store the plain RDF data,
load them into an reasoning session to get the results. After that you
can store the results in an other RDF store (e.g. Jena TDB) for later
queries.

IMO if you need reasoning support over the whole knowledge base you
should use a System that natively supports it. While the above
workflows would allow to mimic such functionality it will become
unpractical as the amount of data grows.

best
Rupert