stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Rupert Westenthaler <rupert.westentha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to change the selection context retrieved in a Stanbol enhancement.
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 06:38:02 GMT
On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 8:22 AM,  <arthi.venkat@wipro.com> wrote:
> Thanks Rupert,
> On adding the Text Annotation new model to the weighted chain Iam able to specify the
suffix and prefix length to what I want and  enhancement results are accordingly modified.

Nice to read that this is sufficient for your use case. I will still
create a JIRA issue for an Engine that uses paragraphs and sentences
to create more UI friendly fise:selection-context values.

best
Rupert

> Thanking you and Regards,
> Arthi

the ability to specify the part of the text they used as context for the annotation. The EntityTaggignEngine
does this by setting the selection-context to the three sentences used as context for the
OpenNLP NER module.

> Engines that do not use such a context (e.g. write an Annotation only because of the
'fise:selected-text' would not need to add any 'fise:selection-context'. However users have
started to relay on the selection-context to also (1) find mentions in rich-text documents
(where the fise:start/fise:end positions do not apply) and (2) UI level elements (e.g. a tool-tip
for users showing the context when hovering over a suggested tag).

> For (1) we have recently introduced the "TextAnnotation new model"
> (STANBOL-????). This adds prefix/suffix to the fise:selected-text.
> having those information makes it much easier as to re-find the exact location by using
the fise:selection-context together with the fise:selected-text.

> For (2) we do currently not have a good solution. An additional engine that uses detected
sentences or paragraphs (multiple line breaks without any non-whitespace char in-between)
would be a great addition to Stanbol. Such an engine could provide configuration options that
allow users more control over the context included in enhancements.

> For clearly supporting (2) I would suggest to add a new property 'fise:extraction-context'
to be used by EnhancementEngines to specify the part of the content used to create the annotation
and repurpose the current 'fise:selection-context' to be used for (2)