stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Rupert Westenthaler <rupert.westentha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Working with large RDF data
Date Sat, 14 Sep 2013 07:09:31 GMT
Hi Arthi

AFAIK the reasoning and rule components of Apache Stanbol are intended
to be used in "Sessions". They are not intended to be used on a whole
knowledge base. A typical use case could be validating RDF data
retrieved from a remote Server (e.g. Linked Data) against some
validation rules. Rewriting RDF generated by the Enhancer (Refactor
Engine) ...

Applying Rules and Reasoning on a whole knowledge base (RDF data that
do not fit in-memory) is not a typical use case.

Based on your problem description you might want to have a look onto

* Apache Marmotta and the Kiwi Triple Store
(http://marmotta.incubator.apache.org/kiwi/introduction.html): This is
a Sesame Sail implementation that supports reasoning
* OWLLIM (http://www.ontotext.com/owlim): Commercial product also
implementing Reasoning on top of the Sesame API.

But I am not an export in those topics so there might be additional
options I am not aware of.

hope this helps
best
Rupert

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 1:48 PM,  <arthi.venkat@wipro.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I have large RDF data.
>
>    The requirement is to be able to reason / run rules on this data /
>
> search this data along with any other unstructured data which  I have enhanced using
 Stanbol.

> Any pointers on how I can achieve this?
>

> Thanking you and Rgds,
>
> Arthi