stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Fabian Christ <christ.fab...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Board report Sep 2013
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 13:09:31 GMT
Hi,

here is my draft for the report. We have to submit it by tomorrow.

Status report for the Apache Stanbol Project - September, 2013

Apache Stanbol provides a set of reusable components for semantic content
management.

There are no issues which require board attention at the moment.

The project's activities in terms of new development got a little bit slower
during the summer. Nonetheless do we have a steady activity on the mailing
list through user requests and interest in possible new features.
There were plans for a summer term release but this has not been finally
prepared yet. So the next step is to cut a new release which is really needed
for the community. In this context we have also started to work on a new
branch towards a 1.0.0 release of Stanbol.

Our PMC member Reto Bachman-Gmür wrote a book about Apache Stanbol
which got published at Packt Publishing:
http://www.packtpub.com/apache-stanbol/book

Two Stanbol students are doing create work in their GSoC projects:

Freebase Entity Disambiguation in Apache Stanbol
Student: Antonio David Perez Morales
Mentor : Rupert Westenthaler
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/google/gsoc2013/adperezmorales/10001

FOAF Co-reference Based Entity Disambiguation Engine In Apache Stanbol
Student: Dileepa Jayakody
Mentor : Andreas Kuckartz
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/google/gsoc2013/dileepaj/14001

Subscribers on the dev list: 186
No new committers were elected.

No releases were published since March 2013 report.
Last release was: apache-stanbol-enhancement-engines-0.10.0 on Feb 2nd, 2013

--
Fabian
http://twitter.com/fctwitt