stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Sergio Fernández <sergio.fernan...@salzburgresearch.at>
Subject Re: Stanbol with ElasticSearch
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2013 13:58:20 GMT
Hi,

the proposal sounds cool, indeed. But I'd like to have more arguments
than a mere trend because a new product appeared.

I know some of those arguments in favour Elastic Search vs. Apache Solr.
But, from my understanding, Stanbol just uses Solr because is internally
convenient for what the EntityHub and other components need. And,
although the REST API is publicly exposed, that's not its main purpose,
and could be removed without affecting any core feature.

Therefore, I'd be happy to listen some arguments that such contribution
would actually improve something in Stanbol. Could be performance,
flexibility, etc, but something more than "Elastic Search is cool!", you
know.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández