stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From <arthi.ven...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Exception while installing metaxa
Date Sat, 14 Sep 2013 07:19:00 GMT
Thanks a lot Rupert
I will check the Content type  and re-try.

Thanks and Rgds,
Arthi

-----Original Message-----
From: Rupert Westenthaler [mailto:rupert.westenthaler@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2013 12:46 PM
To: dev@stanbol.apache.org
Subject: Re: Exception while installing metaxa

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 9:05 AM,  <arthi.venkat@wipro.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot Rupert for response.
> The reason for using Metaxa is that I want to enhance pdf and word documents using Stanbol.
> I read that to process pdf and word we would need metaxa in the pipeline.

The Tika Engine is also able to process Microsoft Word and PDF document. Just have a look
at the supported media types of Apache Tika.

> In the contenhub ui of Stanbol Iam able to attach a pdf / word doc and enhance this.
> However when I try the same from the command line using curl it fails.
>
> Any idea how I could use Stanbol to enhance a word / pdf file from command line or alternately
a simple Java program.

> Tried below calls but none of them work curl -i -X POST -H
> "Content-Type:text/plain" --data @TextToEnhance.docx "
> http://localhost:8080/contenthub/contenthub/store?uri=urn:my-content-i
> tem2&chain=MyCustomChain1"  -u admin:admin
>
>  curl -i -X POST -H "Content-Type:application/word" --data   @TextToEnhance.docx " http://localhost:8080/contenthub/contenthub/store?uri=urn:my-content-item2&chain=MyCustomChain1"
-u admin:admin"

I need to go offline and do not have time to validate this answer, but IMO this fails because
the content type for docx is not application/word. See [1] for a list of Content-Types for
the new XML based MS office formats

best
Rupert

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4212861/what-is-a-correct-mime-type-for-docx-pptx-etc

> Thanks and Rgds,
> Arthi

on Apache Tika) for processing non plain text documents.

> To use it (with the default configuration) it is usually sufficient to include "tika"
in your enhancement engine. If you are configuring a ListChain you will need to have the "tika"
engine in the first place.
> In case of a WightedChain ordering in the config does not matter.
>
> best
> Rupert
>

> [1]
> http://stanbol.apache.org/docs/trunk/components/enhancer/engines/tikae
> ngine
>
> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 1:45 PM,  <arthi.venkat@wipro.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>    Iam trying to installing the metaxa bundle.
>>
>> I did a mvn clean install in the stanbol\enhancement-engines\metaxa directory.
>> From  the http://localhost:8080/system/console/bundles menu I installed the metaxa
jar.

>> I got the below exception in the Stanbol window.   Any idea  how this issue can be
fixed?

>> ERROR: Bundle org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.engines.metaxa [253]: Error
>> starting/s topping bundle. (org.osgi.framework.BundleException:
>> Unresolved constraint in bu ndle org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.engines.metaxa [253]:
Unable to resolve 253.0:
>> missing requirement [253.0] package; (package=javax.microedition.io))
>> org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle
>> org.apache.s tanbol.enhancer.engines.metaxa [253]: Unable to resolve
>> 253.0: missing requireme nt [253.0] package; (package=javax.microedition.io)
>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundle(Felix.java:3443)
>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1727)
>>         at
>> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setBundleStartLevel(Felix.java:1333)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:270
>> )
>>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>>

>> Thanks and Rgds,
>> Arthi
>>

>> Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.
>>
>> The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this
message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary,
confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should
not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and

>> WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check
this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability

>> www.wipro.com
>

> --
> | Bodenlehenstra├če 11                             ++43-699-11108907
> | A-5500 Bischofshofen

of this message and any attachments.