stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From <arthi.ven...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Working with large RDF data
Date Sat, 14 Sep 2013 07:14:50 GMT
Thanks a lot Rupert
If the RDF data is smaller ( can fit into memory ) is there a way we can import into Stanbol
and do a joint search across the enhancements from unstructured text as well as the imported
RDF data.
If yes would this import be permanent or needs to be repeated each time.

Thanks and Rgds,
Arthi

-----Original Message-----
From: Rupert Westenthaler [mailto:rupert.westenthaler@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2013 12:40 PM
To: dev@stanbol.apache.org
Subject: Re: Working with large RDF data

Hi Arthi

AFAIK the reasoning and rule components of Apache Stanbol are intended to be used in "Sessions".
They are not intended to be used on a whole knowledge base. A typical use case could be validating
RDF data retrieved from a remote Server (e.g. Linked Data) against some validation rules.
Rewriting RDF generated by the Enhancer (Refactor
Engine) ...

Applying Rules and Reasoning on a whole knowledge base (RDF data that do not fit in-memory)
is not a typical use case.

Based on your problem description you might want to have a look onto

* Apache Marmotta and the Kiwi Triple Store
(http://marmotta.incubator.apache.org/kiwi/introduction.html): This is a Sesame Sail implementation
that supports reasoning
* OWLLIM (http://www.ontotext.com/owlim): Commercial product also implementing Reasoning on
top of the Sesame API.

But I am not an export in those topics so there might be additional options I am not aware
of.

hope this helps
best
Rupert

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 1:48 PM,  <arthi.venkat@wipro.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I have large RDF data.
>
>    The requirement is to be able to reason / run rules on this data /
>
> search this data along with any other unstructured data which  I have enhanced using
 Stanbol.

> Any pointers on how I can achieve this?
>

> Thanking you and Rgds,
>
> Arthi