stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From <arthi.ven...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Exception while installing metaxa
Date Sat, 14 Sep 2013 07:05:36 GMT
Thanks a lot Rupert for response.
The reason for using Metaxa is that I want to enhance pdf and word documents using Stanbol.
I read that to process pdf and word we would need metaxa in the pipeline.

In the contenhub ui of Stanbol Iam able to attach a pdf / word doc and enhance this.
However when I try the same from the command line using curl it fails.

Any idea how I could use Stanbol to enhance a word / pdf file from command line or alternately
a simple Java program.

Tried below calls but none of them work
curl -i -X POST -H "Content-Type:text/plain" --data @TextToEnhance.docx "  http://localhost:8080/contenthub/contenthub/store?uri=urn:my-content-item2&chain=MyCustomChain1"
 -u admin:admin

 curl -i -X POST -H "Content-Type:application/word" --data   @TextToEnhance.docx " http://localhost:8080/contenthub/contenthub/store?uri=urn:my-content-item2&chain=MyCustomChain1"
-u admin:admin"

Thanks and Rgds,
Arthi

-----Original Message-----
From: Rupert Westenthaler [mailto:rupert.westenthaler@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2013 12:27 PM
To: dev@stanbol.apache.org
Subject: Re: Exception while installing metaxa

Hi Arthi,

I have had not use Metaxa for a while. Typically you should use the Tika engine [1] (based
on Apache Tika) for processing non plain text documents.

To use it (with the default configuration) it is usually sufficient to include "tika" in your
enhancement engine. If you are configuring a ListChain you will need to have the "tika" engine
in the first place.
In case of a WightedChain ordering in the config does not matter.

best
Rupert

[1] http://stanbol.apache.org/docs/trunk/components/enhancer/engines/tikaengine

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 1:45 PM,  <arthi.venkat@wipro.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>    Iam trying to installing the metaxa bundle.
>
> I did a mvn clean install in the stanbol\enhancement-engines\metaxa directory.
> From  the http://localhost:8080/system/console/bundles menu I installed the metaxa jar.
>
> I got the below exception in the Stanbol window.   Any idea  how this issue can be fixed?
>
> ERROR: Bundle org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.engines.metaxa [253]: Error
> starting/s topping bundle. (org.osgi.framework.BundleException:
> Unresolved constraint in bu ndle org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.engines.metaxa [253]: Unable
to resolve 253.0:
> missing requirement [253.0] package; (package=javax.microedition.io))
> org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle
> org.apache.s tanbol.enhancer.engines.metaxa [253]: Unable to resolve
> 253.0: missing requireme nt [253.0] package; (package=javax.microedition.io)
>         at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundle(Felix.java:3443)
>         at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1727)
>         at
> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setBundleStartLevel(Felix.java:1333)
>
>         at
> org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:270
> )
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>

> Thanks and Rgds,
> Arthi