stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Reto Bachmann-Gmür <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [POLL] make "-no-security" the default
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 18:52:06 GMT
On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 2:41 PM, Fabian Christ
<christ.fabian@googlemail.com>wrote:

> 2013/4/8 Reto Bachmann-Gmür <reto@wymiwyg.com>:
> > rather than polls and anecdotal reports you
> > all create issues for security related regressions and tag them with
> > "security" if one of them remains open for more than 10 we do the
> > defaults/additional launcher stuff.
>
> I think it is valid to demand more concrete cases. So +1 for creating
> issues for everything that pops up as an error (not only security
> related).
>
> What I am stumbling about is the phrase "you all" should create those
> issues...

You all was referring to those who write mails that implicitly or
explicitly say that something isn't working.

> We can not tell anybody what to do or not. If someone
> introduces new things, he should ensure that he is not restricting the
> freedom of others. If others do not want to handle the exceptions and
> rather move away - that's their choice.

Same if they move away after reading mails on this list and erroneously
concluding that there are some major issues.

> Complaining that people are not working as expected will not help.

My hope is, that appeals to constructive behaviour occasionally will :)

Reto