stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Rupert Westenthaler <rupert.westentha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: trying to find locally-indexed Entity stores
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 05:23:19 GMT
Hi,

This looks like as if you are affected by an issue I first encountered
last week, but I had not yet time to investigate further.

Based on what I know so far this issue is triggered If one

* copies the {name}.solrindex.zip to the datafiles folder and
* copies the o.a.s.data.sites.{name} bundle to the fileinstall folder

while the Stanbol server is not running those sites might not be
correctly initialized due to a timing issue during the startup
process.

Users can validate if they are affected by this by checking the "OSGI
Installer" tab of the Felix Webconsole
(http://{host}/system/console/osgi-installer). At the bottom you
should see something like:

    bundleinstall:/{name}.solrindex.ref IGNORED

If this line notes INSTALLED than you are not affected and the error
is caused by something else.

As Workaround users need to stop/start the "o.a.s.data.sites.{name}"
bundle as this will restart the installation process of the site.

Note also that this only happens on the first startup after you copied
the o.a.s.data.sites.{name} bundle to the fileinstall folder. Normal
restarts of the server are not affected. Also installing a new site to
a running server works as expected.

In any other case you should see according Exceptions in the
"stanbol/logs/error.logs" file.

Note also that since STANBOL-996 ReferencedSites are only registered
after that the SolrIndex with the data has been initialized. This
means that - especially for larger indexes - it might take some time
until the RESTful service becomes available.

best
Rupert

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 10:40 PM, ajs6f@virginia.edu <ajs6f@virginia.edu> wrote:
> I've indexed a pair of RDF accretions for use with the Stanbol EntityHub:
>
> 1) GeoNames, using the GeoNames indexer
> 2) The Library of Congress Subject Heading system, using the generic RDF indexer
>
> Everything went quite well.
>
> Now I've installed the data files in the appropriate directory in my Stanbol instance,
and under the Data File Provider tab in the system console they appear with state ACTIVE.
I've installed the corresponding bundles, and in the Bundles tab they appear with status Active.
But they do not appear as available sites and the appropriate endpoints (e.g. /entityhub/site/geonames)
 don't respond (404).