stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Rupert Westenthaler <rupert.westentha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] make "-no-security" the default
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 12:36:33 GMT
On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Reto Bachmann-Gm├╝r <reto@wymiwyg.com> wrote:
> Hi Rupert
>

>> * Disabling Security as default: Stanbol is still not functioning to
>> 100% if the Security-Manager is enabled hence IMHO deactivating this
>> feature is the logical consequence.
>>

> You're referring to the situation when stanbol is started without the
> "-no-security" argument but without the authentication bundles?

Including the Security Modules, but with -no-security as default
(basically by adding an option -enable-security)

> What's not functioning?
>
> *Want To Fix*

The dev.iks-project.eu server was running for some time with security
enabled. From what I can remember all Engines for remote services
where failing because they where not allowed to connect to those hosts
- Zemanta, Calai, Celi, Spotlight. I would also expect the
FileContentItem implementation (enhancer.core) to fail creating the
temporary files. The EntityDereferencer and EntitySearcher
implementation of the Entityhub for SPARQL and CoolURI
(entityhub.site.linkeddata). But there might be additional one -
especially from other Stanbol Components (e.g. the CMS Adapter might
be affected)

best
Rupert