stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Di Menna <andre...@inqmobile.com>
Subject EntityHub Referenced Site and redirects
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 16:40:18 GMT
Hi all,

I have created a EntityHub Solr index from dbpedia 3.8 using the default
settings for the dbpedia indexing tool.
The index was created successfully.

Now that I working on it I am noticing that wikipedia redirects are
completely missing from the EntityHub.

I have used the fetch_prepare.sh tool to download data from DBpedia, and
among the resources there is also redirects_en.nt.bz2
There is a rule in the mappings.txt file to map dbp-ont:wikiPageRedirects
to rdfs:seeAlso.

>From what I can see, the problems seems to be that the indexing tool is
only taking into account the resources listed in the incoming_links.txt
file.
This file is built upon page_links_en.nt.bz2 and ranks entities on the
basis of the incoming links.
Page redirects will never have incoming links hence will not be listed in
incoming_links.txt

Is my understanding correct or am I missing anything?
Should I forcibly insert page redirects entities in the incoming_links file
to get them included in the Solr index?

Thank you very much for your time

--
Andrea Di Menna

This e-mail is only intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL
information. Any opinions or views are personal to the writer and do not represent those of
INQ Mobile Limited, Hutchison Whampoa Limited or its group companies.  If you  are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, retention, disclosure, copying,
printing, forwarding or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this  communication in error, please erase all copies of the message and its
 attachments and notify the sender immediately. INQ Mobile Limited is  a company registered
in the British Virgin Islands. www.inqmobile.com.