stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Allow usage of OSGI Services without an OSGI environment (was: Future of Clerezza and Stanbol)
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 14:52:30 GMT
On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Rupert Westenthaler
<rupert.westenthaler@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Personally I have already tried several different things related to
> this with the result that providing Service Implementations that are
> also OSGI Components does only work as long as no configuration is
> required...

Before going too far - is there really a need to do that?

My impression from the Clerezza related discussions is that people
need to use *libraries* like the Clerezza RDF stuff outside of OSGi,
which makes perfect sense and needs only minor changes.

Beyond that, I'm not sure if a generic "use any OSGi service outside
of OSGi" facility is needed.

It if does, maybe http://code.google.com/p/pojosr/ can help - that was
recently renamed to "Felix Connect" IIUC,
http://www.apachecon.eu/schedule/presentation/100/

-Bertrand