stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Fabian Christ <christ.fab...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Future of Clerezza and Stanbol
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2012 16:40:48 GMT
2012/11/11 Reto Bachmann-Gmür <reto@apache.org>

> - clerezza.rdf graudates as commons.rdf: a modular java/scala
> implementation of rdf related APIs, usable with and without OSGi
> - the clerezza platform becomes a subproject of stanbol but not part of the
> stanbol build, active clerezza committers would join stanbol
>
> These solution would end the now very long incubation period while taking
> into account that because of some architectural choices clereza and stanbol
> cannot immediately be fully merged to one platform, at least not keeping
> the modularity requirements of stanbol. The Stanbol platform would not
> depend on clerezza bundles (but on commons.rdf) and the parts of clerezza
> that fit into the stanbol architecture would gradually be moved to stanbol.
> At the end clerezza might disappear completly or remain as a tinier
> application on top of Stanbol.

Sounds like a reasonable way to go. Having the RDF stuff in commons is
hopefully useful for many other projects. Would this also include the
JSONLD serializer and parser that is more and more needed by Stanbol and
others?

Having the clerezza platform in Stanbol and thinking in the long term about
merging and using this stuff is a good choice. This can not be done with
some simple imports and we should carefully evaluate what will be the right
way to go in Stanbol.

Best,
 - Fabian

--