stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Alessandro Adamou <ada...@cs.unibo.it>
Subject Public aliasing management API for Stanbol ontology manager
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 15:52:05 GMT
Hi all,

esp. those whom I reckon were more interested in the ontology
naming/reconciliation issue in Stanbol.

At last I just committed an initial implementation for the Ontology
Manager aliasing API

You can create an orphan (actually "uncharted") ontology entry, before

  $ curl -X PUT http://[stanbol-host]/ontonet/[my-id]

[my-id] can be of your choice, even simpler than a URI. Then you can
either add more aliases

  $ curl -X POST -F "alias=[alias1]" http://[stanbol-host]/ontonet/[my-id]

or add the actual ontology content in the payload, e.g.

  $ curl -X POST -F file=@[filename] http://[stanbol-host]/ontonet/[my-id]
  $ curl -X POST -F url=[url] http://[stanbol-host]/ontonet/[my-id]

so that the entry referred to by all aliases is no longer uncharted.
Note that if the POSTed ontology is named, an alias with that name will
automatically be added.

the general syntax for a public key is  ontologyIRI [":::" versionIRI] ,
where an IRI does not need to necessarily be a URI.

(I am still to write this in the documentation)

The implementation is still in need of refinement, but it might work for
your needs already. Please do not hesitate to let me know if it does.

Some TODOs:
- If this API is okay, see if it should be extended to ontologies in
their "managed" form (by a scope or session).
- Deleting or moving aliases is not supported yet. There is a policy to
be decided here: a DELETE on an alias should mean that the ontology is
removed, or just the alias is removed but the ontology stays until there
are no more aliases (a bit like the unlink primitive in Unix)?

Best,

Alessandro

--
M.Sc. Alessandro Adamou

Department of Computer Science
Mura Anteo Zamboni 7, 40127 Bologna - Italy

Semantic Technology Laboratory (STLab)
Institute for Cognitive Science and Technology (ISTC)
National Research Council (CNR)
Via Nomentana 56, 00161 Rome - Italy

"I will give you everything, just don't demand anything."
(Ettore Petrolini, 1917)

Not sent from my iSnobTechDevice