stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From "ajs6f@virginia.edu" <aj...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: Stanbol on Karaf?
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 15:34:46 GMT

> * CMS Adapter: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stanbol/trunk/cmsadapter/bundlelist/src/main/bundles/list.xml
>    Allows to connect Stanbol directly with CMIS, JCR
>
> * Contenthub: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stanbol/trunk/contenthub/bundlelist/src/main/bundles/list.xml
>   I think this depends on the Enhancer and the CMS Adapter

Hm. It seems that there might be a circular dependency here:

karaf@root> features:install stanbol-cmsadapter
Error executing command: Could not start bundle mvn:org.apache.stanbol/org.apache.stanbol.cmsadapter.core/0.9.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT
in feature(s) stanbol-cmsadapter-0.0.0: Unresolved constraint in bundle org.apache.stanbol.cmsadapter.core
[608]: Unable to resolve 608.0: missing requirement [608.0] package; (package=org.apache.stanbol.contenthub.servicesapi.store)
karaf@root> features:install stanbol-contenthub
Error executing command: Could not start bundle mvn:org.apache.stanbol/org.apache.stanbol.contenthub.search.related/0.9.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT
in feature(s) stanbol-contenthub-0.0.0: Unresolved constraint in bundle org.apache.stanbol.contenthub.search.related
[616]: Unable to resolve 616.0: missing requirement [616.0] package; (package=org.apache.stanbol.cmsadapter.servicesapi.helper)

I can probably slice around this by interleaving bundles or something of the sort, but if
I'm right and there is a circular dependency between the services, it might be worth spending
some time to disentangle these guys.

- ---
A. Soroka
Software & Systems Engineering :: Online Library Environment
the University of Virginia Library

On Mar 6, 2012, at 4:24 AM, Rupert Westenthaler wrote:

> Hi
>
> Sorry for the rather late replay, but we are currently very busy with
> preparing the first Stanbol release.
>

> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 11:00 PM, A. Soroka <ajs6f@eservices.virginia.edu> wrote:
>> Firstly, let me congratulate all of you on a fantastic project! I'm having a lot
of fun exploring IKS and Stanbol (having been clued in by Steve Bayliss). It took no time
at all to get some simple integrations going, using Stanbol to supply services for SKOS thesauri
to some XForms applications, and I was impressed by how quickly I could index and deploy new
vocabularies.

> Thank you for the very positive feedback.
>
>> I've got a question about Stanbol's build and deployment. Currently, it uses the
Sling launcher gear to assemble components into an instance. I see that there is some support
in Sling (via their Maven Launchpad Plugin) for creating Apache Karaf feature-repositories
for Sling-based assemblages. We're invested in Karaf at my site through our use of ServiceMix,
and I would very much like to be able to reuse that investment and knowledge.

>> Does anyone out there in Stanbol-land deploy Stanbol to Karaf via the feature-repository
functionality? Is there any experience with this or any known pitfalls?