stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Rupert Westenthaler <rupert.westentha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Etcware early adoption proposal
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 09:33:10 GMT

On 02.03.2012, at 16:30, Andrea Ciapetti wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 15:50, Rupert Westenthaler <rupert.westenthaler@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>
> login with guest/guest does not work for me. I will try it again @home maybe it is a
problem with the Company firewall.

> Ouch! Guest user has been disabled (perhaps for security reasons).
> I've made an user specifically for you (rupert/westenthaler). This should work as expected.

No it works. I will have a look!

> No. I was only thinking that it would be nicer if you could update the thesaurus in the
Apache Entityhub after every change made within SKOSware (keep it in sync) rather than using
the bulk import as supported by the  Generic RDF indexer. This would allow use cases where
the user adds a new term to the Thesaurus and can immediately used it with the Stanbol Enhancer.

> Sounds interesting. Which kind of functionalities should be implemented for this to work?

Currently this is not possible as only the main "/entityhub" interface provides full CRUD
("read/write"). ReferencedSties (/entityhub/site/{name}) are read only.
However this is no technical limitation but a design decision that can be changed.

I we change ReferencedSites to support read/write you could use the same interface as provided
by "/entityhub/entity" also on referenced sites. This would allow use cases as described above
because you than would have the possibility to add/update/delete single Concepts of a SKOS
thesaurus in the Entityhub.

If you are interested we could create a JIRA issue about that.

best
Rupert