stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Rupert Westenthaler <rupert.westentha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Very large DBPedia Index
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 10:51:47 GMT

On 02.03.2012, at 11:32, Netzmühle Internetagentur OG wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> for our early adopter stanbol integration project we tried to integrate a very large
DBPedia Index. We have downloaded the full index and tried to index it but our server has
not enough computing power.

Indexing times mainly depend on the speed of the hard disk. The memory and CPU requirements
are not very high. So if you can get you hands on a SSD give it an other try. Especially normal
notebook HDs are not up to the challenge (SDD -> 4k+ IO/sec; Notebook HD -> ~100 IO/sec)

Note: Do not forget to remove already imported RDF files from "{indexing-root}/indexing/resource/rdfdata".
Importing them in Jena TDB takes quite some time and you need only do that once.

> So my question is if anyone has already built a full (multilingual, at least english
and german) dbpedia index and can we download this index somewhere?

I would suggest to start with one of the indexes available at

    http://dev.iks-project.eu/downloads/stanbol-indices/

I would start with

    http://dev.iks-project.eu/downloads/stanbol-indices/dbpedia-3.7/

This should allow you to start testing. In parallel you can than check what additional data
you would like to have. If you than have an idea about you needs you can again try build you
own index.

best
Rupert