stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From "Xu, Lilu" <cooki...@gmail.com>
Subject About the http-based integration test tools.
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 12:00:04 GMT
Hi folks,

I am a student who participates in the GSoC 2011, and my job is to implement
a facade API of Apache HttpClient with fluent style (now it is called
fluent-hc). One major aim of this API is an implementation of the http-based
integration test tools (SLING-1981, STANBOL-19). For more details, please
see here [1]. Now the API is partly finished, so I hope you could review my
code [2] and give me some advice.

Meanwhile, the testing part has not be finished yet. I also would like to
have some suggestion from you about this part. One possible way is adding
some assert methods to the FluentExecutor with JUnit 4, such as the existed
code of http-based integration test tool [3]. Or as Oleg Kalnichevski
suggested, maybe fluent-hc provides a generic abstract validation mechanism
of some sort while Stanbol provides its concrete implementations that fit
your needs. Also there exist some other approaches, like maintaining some
testing specific subclass of FluentResponse/FluentExecutor by Stanbol.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/mmyljtgjp3za6kyz
[2]
http://code.google.com/p/fluent-hc/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Ffluent-hc%2Fsrc%2Ffluenthc
[3]