stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Rupert Westenthaler <rupert.westentha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Stanbol
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 09:57:40 GMT
Hi

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 11:06 AM, srecko joksimovic
<sreckojoksimovic@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Mr Westenthaler,
> I have configured Apache Stanbol. I can access services using
> http://localhost:8080. I tried to do steps that you described, and I did not
> have a problem with step 2, but I am not sure that I did step 1 correctly.
> When I issued command like this one:
> curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/rdf+xml" --data
> "@acm_ccs-proton_rdfxml.owl" http://localhost:8080/entityhub/entity
> I got response:
> curl: (52) Empty reply from server
> This file which I am trying to upload is almost 1MB big. It should not be a
> problem with memory.
> Do you have any idea what could be a problem? How I can check that I did the
> job correctly?

when you add the '-v' switch to 'curl' than you should see the
returned HTTP status code of the response.

In case of a success the server returns a "201 Created" and the ID of
the first created entity in the
Location header field

here an example of an response after importing the FOAF file of Ivan Herman

< HTTP/1.1 201 Created
< Location: http://localhost:8080/entityhub/entity?id=http://www.ivan-herman.net/foafExtras.rdf%23Liddy

with a simple curl request to the url returned for the Location header
you can easily test the imported data for this entity. To test other
resources simple exchange the URI.

best
Rupert Westenthaler