stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Rupert Westenthaler <rupert.westentha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failed tests (Cache dbpediaDefaultdata Index is currently not active) during fresh "clean install" of r1156651
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2011 15:34:15 GMT
Hi Alex

There is no need to build your own index for testing/using Apache
Stanbol. A default index is provided within the launcher jar and
installed during the first start of Stanbol. Building indexes is an
advanced feature that is not required for setting up Stanbol but
typically used by users that want to customize existing indexes (e.g.
including more entities, additional languages ...) or to build there
own indexes (e.g. of a company thesaurus).

Based on the information you provided I think that there was an error
either (1) during the build of the
"org.apache.stanbol.data.sites.dbpedia.default" bundle or during the
(2) startup Stanbol instance used for the integration test.

for (1) please check if the bundle located in

    {stanbol-root}/data/sites/dbpediadefault/org.apache.stanbol.data.sites.dbpedia.default-1.0.1-incubating.jar

is about 17 MByte in size. If it is smaller than that something went
wrong while downloading the data for the default dbpedia index during
the build process. If this is the case you could try to

* delete data/sites/dbpediadefault/src/main/resources/org/apache/stanbol/data/site/dbpedia/default/index/dbpedia_43k.solrindex.zip
* rebuild this bundle by calling "mvn clean install" within
"stanbol-root}/data/sites/dbpediadefault/"

for looking into (2) it would be very helpful if you could provide the
log of the stanbol server used for the integration tests because the
errors you see in the console are mainly client side error messages
plus some WebApplication level server errors.

The file with the details loggings is located at

    {stanbol-root}/integration-tests/target/launchdir/sling/logs/error.log

I will have a look onto the logs if you can send them.

best
Rupert Westenthaler