stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From "Andreas Kuckartz" <A.Kucka...@ping.de>
Subject Re: OWLLink API is now dual-licensed
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 08:02:33 GMT
Am 29.08.2011 08:40, schrieb Enrico Daga:
> For this sake those components could not be released, because they
> included code licensed under LGPL, which is forbidden by Apache.

Not to initiate a discussion about this here, but so far I have not yet
seen a reasonable explanation why LGPL libraries are not acceptable for
the ASF. According to http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html they
would violate this criterion:
"The license must not place restrictions on the distribution of larger
works, other than to require that the covered component still complies
with the conditions of its license."
I do not see how that would be violated by LGPL libraries.

Cheers,
Andreas