stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Rupert Westenthaler <rupert.westentha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contenthub structure
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 08:54:15 GMT
Hi all

I will try to create a small usage Szenario here:

A user posts a query for "CMS workshops in France" to the Contenthub:

The semantic Search component of the Contenthub uses several
SeachEngines (like EnhancementEngines in the Enhancer).

1. OntologySearcher: It tries to identify Concepts mentioned in the
Search. For the example it will find the Concpet "Workshop"
2. EntitySearcher: It tries to find Entities for words used in the
Query. For the example it will find "France"
3. Faceted Search engine: It will compose a Lucene type search for
Documents with
 * a reference Workshop
 * a reference to France
 * the text "CMS"

If there would be an other Search engine that can understand internal
structure of the query one could even search for things
* with the type Workshop
* located within Paris
* the text "CMS"
and because Workshops are events one could activate Facets for
* Location
* Time
* Participants
* facets explicitly requested with the query (e.g. Tags, Creator ...)

So the Idea is to use

* Ontologies (CMS-Adapter & Kres)
* Entityhub
* maybe neuronal networks with learned query patterns??
* other stuff??

for query preprocessing and

* full text indices over Documents
* full text indices over Facts (like the Workshop)
* SPARQL endpoints over Enhancements
* other things??

for the execution of the enhances query.

Joining results from the different sources (Documents, Facts,
Enhancements) would be challenging. However I think this feature would
not be necessary for a first version.

I would also like to consider this
[Screencast](http://www.srdc.com.tr/iks/2ndyear/DemoVideo.htm) in the
context of this Usage Scenario.