stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Fabian Christ <christ.fab...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: How to get started?
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2011 09:21:07 GMT
Hi Anuj,

2011/6/23 Anuj Kumar <anujsays@gmail.com>:
> What is the best way to integrate my existing pieces with Stanbol? As
> far as I can make out, I need to write one or more engines that get
> hold of uploaded/posted content and then call my annotation service to
> get the annotations.
>
> Is that the right way to go? Also, if there is any documentation on
> how to create the engines, where to specify the details, etc. that
> will help to get started faster. If it isn't in-place yet, are there
> any unit tests for the same?

Yes that would be the way to go. Unfortunately, there is not much
documentation but there are some existing engines in Stanbol that may
be useful as a starting point. We have some documents from the IKS
project and the "FISE" component [1] which has moved to Stanbol and is
now called the "Stanbol Enhancer". Maybe this helps as the interfaces
haven't changed much (or not at all).

[1] http://wiki.iks-project.eu/index.php/FISE

Best,
  - Fabian