stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Rupert Westenthaler <rupert.westentha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EntityHub and DBpedia
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 12:15:19 GMT
Hi David

Assuming that you are using the default distribution of Apache Stanbol.

Requests for  http://dbpedia.org/resource/Valentino_Rossi will be
 - only the first time answered by retrieving the Entity form DBpedia.org
 - the Information are cached in a local cache. By that values of the
documents are filtered (see (a) for details)
 - the cached version is returned

(a) The default configuration for dbpedia stores all fields however
filters values for literals so that only values with the language "en,
de, fr, it, es" or no language are stored.

Assuming that you have started for zero when updating to a new version
this also means that you have downloaded a new version of this Entity
from dbPedia.

I made several tests and I was not able to reproduce the described case.

I tried the following:

curl -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml"
http://localhost:8080/entityhub/site/dbpedia/entity?id=http://dbpedia.org/resource/Valentino_Rossi

The response contained both the expected thumbnail and the depiction
value. (see the attached file).

Also comparing the results with the one directly provided by DBpedia
indicated no problems. Try to post

CONSTRUCT { <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Valentino_Rossi> ?p ?o }
WHERE { <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Valentino_Rossi> ?p ?o }

onto  http//dbpedia.org/sparql.

Therefore I would suggest you to try:
 - to copy the launcher jar to an other directory and init an other
Stanbol installation (use -p {port} to change the port)
 - if you do not care about loosing the local cache you can also just
delete the "{stanbol_root_folder}/sling/entityhub/solrYard/indexes/cache"
folder and restart Stanbol.

It this solves the problem, that the Error will be most likely be
cause by DBpedoa.org not returning all data. It the properties are
still missing, than it has to be something todo with the configuration
provided within the launcher jar.
In that case I would need more information about the launcher you use
and possible changes to your configuration.

best
Rupert Westenthaler