stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Fabian Christ <christ.fab...@googlemail.com>
Subject Integration tests - how to handle persisted test data
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 14:07:41 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently playing with the integration tests and trying to write
some for the FactStore that I'm working on.

Some of the tests create new Fact Schema and Facts that are stored in
a Derby database.

My question is how to proceed with the created test data after the
tests have finished. At the moment the data resides in the database
after the tests. This causes the problem that the next time the
integration tests are started some will fail because of already
existing data. The user has to call "mvn clean" which will delete the
database before starting the tests.

Is this behavior okay for our tests or is there a policy that says
that integration tests are not allowed to leave persisted data? Or
that integration tests need to be idempotent without a clean?

Best,
 - Fabian

--
Fabian