stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Daga <enricod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do Stanbol have a global SPARQL endpoint?
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2011 09:55:48 GMT
On 16 March 2011 18:39, Olivier Grisel <olivier.grisel@ensta.org> wrote:
> 2011/3/16 Enrico Daga <enricodaga@gmail.com>:
>> On 16 March 2011 17:22, Olivier Grisel <olivier.grisel@ensta.org> wrote:
>>> One should probably extend / adapt the JAX-RS SPARQL resource of the
>>> enhancers to point to other graph ids as needed. One could make a new
>>> JAX-RS resources such as /graph/{graphId}/sparql to build dynamically
>>> sparql endpoint for all the clerezza graphs registered in stanbol for
>>> instance:
>>>
>>> In the class SparqlQueryResource, instead of the hard-coded:
>>>
>>>        Object result = tcManager.executeSparqlQuery(query,
>>>                store.getEnhancementGraph());
>>>
>>> One could have something like:
>>>
>>>        Object result = tcManager.executeSparqlQuery(query,
>>>                tcManager.getGraph(new UriRef("urn:graph:" + graphId)));
>> But what happens if I want to query multiple graphs?
>> I need for instance to query the enhancement graph and the result of
>> my /kres/reengineer process (another graph) together. This would open
>> to a variety of use cases, and in general this is how sparql endpoints
>> work.
>
> It seems to me by reading the source code of
> TcManager#executeSparqlQuery and JenaSparqlEngine#execute and
> TcDataset#getNamedGraph that the clerezza sparql execution should be
> able to perform queries accross several graphs. The second argument of
> TcManager#executeSparqlQuery is just the default named graph used when
> the sparql query does not have FROM clause.
>
> Please try to build a SPARQL query with an explicit FROM clause
> pointing to a graph id used by kres to check this assertion. If it
> works, try another query that mixes triples from both graphs
> (reengineer and enhancer) using the GRAPH keyword in the body of the
> SPARQL query as in
> http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/#restrictByLabel for instance.
>
> If it does not work, i think we should ask the question on the
> clerezza mailing list directly instead.
Thank you Olivier. Yes, it looks like it should support this.
So I can assume that the answer to my question is YES, Stanbol has a
Sparql endpoint which should cover all graphs in the store. So we
don't need additional components for that, just use the /sparql path
and maybe improve it, if needed.
I'll do more test about it.

Thank you
Enrico