stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Grisel <olivier.gri...@ensta.org>
Subject Re: Stanbol Enhancement Structure (discussion)
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 16:55:17 GMT
Ok I gave the enhancement structure a deeper look and I see one major issue.

Suppose we have the sentence:

"John Smith, CEO of Smith Consulting Ltd. declared to the press..."

And later in the same document:

"Mr Smith further announced..."

The current implementation of Named Entity detection will detect that
"John Smith" and "Mr Smith" are occurrences of the same named entity
(using a subsumption relationship between the labels). Thereafter the
engine in charge of trying to lookup those entities in Wikipedia and
might or might not find entity link suggestion for all of them at once
instead of replicating the same entities suggestion for each
occurrence of the same entity in a given document.

To be able to represent this with the Stanbol Enhancement structure I
would suggest something like:

  https://creately.com/diagram/gkvbmoey1/UN4phlmAlny9qBWOPuN3u8qeVfE%3D

For a given sb:EntityAnnotation we expect at least one
sb:TextOccurrence and 0 to many sb:EntitySuggestion.

What do you think?

--
Olivier