stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Grisel <olivier.gri...@ensta.org>
Subject Re: Default OSGi configs (was: Redesigning the Entityhub Configuration)
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 16:45:16 GMT
2011/3/1 Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org>:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Olivier Grisel <olivier.grisel@ensta.org> wrote:
>> ...As for the packaging of the default OSGi configuration I do not really
>> know. Maybe you should ask on the sling and felix user mailing lists?
>>
>> One potential solution would be to make the sling launcher deploy some
>> default OSGi config files into the initial sling/config/ folder
>> created at the first start of the launcher. I don't know how to do
>> that though....
>
> What's the goal, exactly?
>
> Include default OSGi configurations in the runnable jar, that people
> can then edit using the OSGi console if needed?

I think that would address most of Rupert's issues. Rupert can you confirm?

> There are utilities to do this in the Sling launcher, I'll need to
> look up the details though.

That would be interesting to update the sling launcher documentation
to reflect those capabilities. Maybe just including a
src/main/resources/config/ folder in the launcher source tree with the
default config inside would work? I will give it a try.

--
Olivier