stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Fabian Christ <christ.fab...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Redesigning the Entityhub Configuration
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 19:58:21 GMT
Hi,

I just wondered if we also need a more user friendly UI for
configuring Stanbol. Having the OSGi console is nice for developers
but it is very technical and overloaded with OSGi stuff that you don't
have to understand if you just want to configure the entity hub.

My experience with (default) configuration in software products are these rules:

1) provide defaults that are fine for most use cases
2) provide an easy to use configuration interface
3) configure without requiring a system restart
4) have a strategy for updating configurations with new product versions

Just my 2 cents. IMO Rupert is on the right way here ;)

Best,
 - Fabian

--
Fabian