stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Daga <enricod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [IKS] Persistence Store, Apache Stanbol Migration
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 16:48:06 GMT
Hi,
I have compiled and run the code from the lite launcher, but then I do
not know what to do to check the functionalities :)
Asked for /presistencestore and got a NOT_FOUND message.

some comments

On 1 March 2011 11:49, Fabian Christ <christ.fabian@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> looking at the large interface of
> org.apache.stanbol.persistencestore.api.IPersistenceStore I get the
> impression that the persistence store is for storing ontologies only.
I'm can't say which is the intent, but some ontology editing rest
service is something missing at the moment in stanbol.

> On the other hand we have the
> org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.servicesapi.Store interface to store and
> retrieve ContentItems.
The difference, if I understood correctly, is that clerezza graphs are
edited as ontologies, instead of generic RDF graphs, thus applying the
OWL model.

> Are these two things related or is the aim of the persistence store
> somehow different? Or is the persistencestore something that
> can/should be used in combination with KReS?
I think we could relate such feature with kres. The ontology network
manager has the capability to group ontologies and to serve them as a
single graph, for example, but has no direct editing facility. The two
components can interoperate by sharing the clerezza store, so
ontologies stored in clerezza can be edited by the persistencestore,
combined by the ontology network manager and then served to the
reasoners component.

I see also an overlap between the reasoning capabilities of kres and
the persistence store, which we must overcome in the future (by taking
the best of the two implementation in one single component, :) ).

Enrico

> Some words about the
> goals would help to review the components.
>
> Best,
>  - Fabian
>
> 2011/3/1 Alessandro Adamou <adamou@cs.unibo.it>:
>> Sorry, I can't read stanbol-private indeed. I was just replying-all.
>>
>> Ok then, switching to stanbol-dev.
>>
>> Sorry again,
>> Alessandro
>>

>> On 3/1/11 9:27 AM, Enrico Daga wrote:
>>>
>>> I am moving this discussion to stanbol-dev, since it is related to
>>> technical things and do not make sense to have it in the private list.
>>>
>>> I am guessing both Alessandro and Cihan did not read the advertisement
>>> to move the conversation, do they read the stanbol-private list?
>>>
>>> Enrico

It would

--
Enrico Daga