stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Rupert Westenthaler <rwes...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Default OSGi configs (was: Redesigning the Entityhub Configuration)
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 12:40:15 GMT
Hi all

> Ok, I have added an example config to the enhancer launcher in
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STANBOL-110 including a test that
> verifies its presence.

Some additional information:

copied from the Java-Doc of the
org.apache.sling.installer.core.impl.InternalResource.readDictionary(..)
>     * We use the same logic as Apache Felix FileInstall here:
>    * - *.cfg files are treated as property files
>     * - *.config files are handled by the Apache Felix ConfigAdmin file reader

Why is this important?
Because the  *.config Files use a different syntax than *.cfg Files.

*.cfg are normal properties files but do also have some limitations
such as you can only have a single value for an property.
*.config files (as also found within the "/sling/conf" directory) do
use a more complex syntax, but support configurations of multiple
values and even data types.

NOTE:
 - *.cfg files support property substitution (e.g. ftp.port =
${system.ftp.port}). I have not tested if this is also supported for
*.config files
 - It is no problem to mix both file formats

best
Rupert Westenthaler