stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Daga <enricod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stanbol Enhancement Structure (discussion)
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 16:23:14 GMT
Hi Rupert, all,
first thank you for setup the proposal.
I have few considerations I want to share, at a first read.

Abut annotation roles, between Tag/Keyword there is IMHO, no
difference, we should keep one.

Alongside Annotation and Enhancement, I would also consider to add
another concept: Embedded Knowledge, which should be fed into a
separate graph, this graph would then host any triples directly or
indirectly embedded in the content.

About annotations, I would remove a fixed list of entity type (Person,
Organization, Location), since this is very related to the single
engine and should be easily extend-able (or leave them but consider
the possibility that some engine could extract "Fruit" without the
need to change the ontology) .

In a future version it would be nice to find a way to let engines
declare which is the contribution they are going to provide (tagging?
categorization? metadata? embedded knowledge?) and how (adding
annotation roles? entity types? metadata fields?)

My 2 cents

Enrico

--
Enrico Daga