stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Daga <enricod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do Stanbol have a global SPARQL endpoint?
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 16:59:51 GMT
Hi Suat, Fabian, all,

On 11 March 2011 17:10, Suat Gonul <suatgonul@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Fabian,
>
> It is provided by the bundle at [1]. Currently, main entry point is
> accessible on /persistencestore/ontologies after the launcher of
> persistencestore is run.
>
> Suat
>
> [1] http://bit.ly/faVdMD
>

> Fabian Christ wrote:
>>
>> Hi Suat,
>>
>> which web interface do you mean here?
>>
>> - Fabian
>>
>> 2011/3/11 Suat Gonul <suatgonul@gmail.com>:
>>

>>> Hi Enrico,
>>>
>>> We are planning to provide a sparql endpoint in [1] for stored ontologies
>>> and then update web interface accordingly. What do you think?
Actually the clerezza mediator is used to access the graph store (can
be sesame, others).
We can do sparql queries on it using jena, since it is supported by clerezza.
What we do not have is a sparql endpoint, which means something that
implements the sparql protocol (and, of course, a web interface for
it).
AFAIK, the interface provided at /sparql allows queries for the
enhancer graph only at the moment.
My point is that we need a SPARQL endpoint compliant web
interface/rest to deal with RDF graphs managed by Stanbol in general,
because this is the standard way to deal with RDF by remote clients.
I know use cases related to ontologies, rules and reengineering would
benefit from that, since with a SPARQL query you can easily test the
result of a reasoning process, for instance.
I was expecting this to be provided by clerezza (on top of jena), but
I did not found it as ready to plug osgi bundle with jax-rs service
configured (I did not asked in the list... anyway).
I am not sure that extending that interface would be the best solution.
Maybe we could wrap the jena sparql engine (or the [2] of clerezza,
better...) on a jax-rs service pointing to /sparql, and, yes, a web
interface for it.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-protocol/
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/clerezza/trunk/parent/rdf.jena.sparql/

--