stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Suat Gonul <suatgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [IKS] Persistence Store, Apache Stanbol Migration
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 12:20:23 GMT
Hi Fabian,

Fabian Christ wrote:

> looking at the large interface of
> org.apache.stanbol.persistencestore.api.IPersistenceStore I get the
> impression that the persistence store is for storing ontologies only.
> On the other hand we have the
> org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.servicesapi.Store interface to store and
> retrieve ContentItems.
>
> Are these two things related or is the aim of the persistence store
> somehow different? Or is the persistencestore something that
> can/should be used in combination with KReS? Some words about the
> goals would help to review the components.

Currently we have a naive implementation for
org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.servicesapi.Store. It basically stores
metadata of the content items in separate ontologies in persistence store.

org.apache.stanbol.persistencestore.api.IPersistenceStore interface has
no common aim with the previous one. In general, it consists methods for
manipulating ontologies, classes, individuals, object and data type
properties by applying OWL model as Enrico said in his mail.

Suat

[1]
http://code.google.com/p/iks-project/source/browse/#svn%2Fsandbox%2Fpersistencestore%2Ftrunk%2Ffise-adapter