sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sqoop2 Roadmap
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2014 16:16:21 GMT
I like the idea of a public roadmap so that entire community can align and users knows what
and roughly when to expect. Strong +1 from my side!

The proposed plan itself also looks great, I agree with Abe that we have to firstly finish,
polish and lock in the infrastructure and public APIs and then our next focus should be connectors
and other functionality to bring Sqoop 2 to a feature parity with Sqoop 1.

It seems that there no other objections to the plan so let’s put it somewhere on the wiki
as a next step? Being an open source project we have the benefit of not having any Product
Management breathing behind our back, so we can easily edit/change the roadmap if something
came up.

Jarcec