sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Arvind Prabhakar <arv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: importing jira issues
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 00:18:57 GMT
Hi,

An update on the JIRA migration issue: We made an attempt at exporting
the JIRA instance from Cloudera but realized that it contained
personally identifiable information of end users. Since such
information is protected by privacy laws and end-user agreements, this
export cannot be handed over to ASF as-is. We are actively trying to
find alternate means accomplishing this.

I will share any developments with all as they occur.

Thanks,
Arvind

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 11:04 AM, Arvind Prabhakar <arvind@apache.org> wrote:
> Thanks Olivier. I have filed INFRA-3763 for this request.
>
> Hope you have a good vacation.
>
> Thanks,
> Arvind
>
> On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 1:05 AM, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I will be on limited network for the next 3 weeks (vacations)
>> The best is probably you open an issue here (
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA ) with all informations.
>>

>> --
>> Olivier Lamy
>> http://twitter.com/olamy | http://www.linkedin.com/in/olamy
>>
>> PS : yes it's not a cliché : French folks are always on holidays :-)
>>

>> 2011/7/7 Arvind Prabhakar <arvind@apache.org>:
>>> Hi Olivier,
>>>
>>> The Cloudera Jira instance that currently hosts Sqoop (and Flume)
>>> jiras is now upgraded to version "Atlassian JIRA (v4.3.4#620-r152668)
>>> ". Please let me know what the next steps are in terms of migrating it
>>> over to Apache Jira. One related question - how would the migration
>>> resolve users between the two Jiras? A userid x on Cloudera Jira may
>>> correspond to a different person on Apache Jira.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Arvind

User Guide)