spark-user mailing list archives

From dimitris plakas <dimitrisp...@gmail.com>
Subject Yarn job is Stuck
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2019 16:23:34 GMT
Hello everyone,

I have set up a 3node hadoop cluster according to this tutorial:
https://linode.com/docs/databases/hadoop/how-to-install-and-set-up-hadoop-cluster/#run-yarn
and i run the example about yarn (the one with the books) that is described
in this tutorial in order to test if everything works correctly. After
executing the command that executes the yarn job (e.g. yarn jar
/hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.8.1.jar wordcount "books/*" output) i recieve
that job is running (screenshot2). But after i execute the command  yarn
application -list i see that the job is stuck in accepted status and that
it's progress is 0%.

Could you please help me on how to proceed ? Is there any more
configuration that is required about yarn?

My cluster has 3 nodes (one node-master and two workers). Their
specifications are:
Node-Master
CORES = 4
RAM = 8GB